I’ve written a largely favorable review of this 2022 basic Kindle that shows up near the top of customer reviews because of its list of tips. I think this is a super device that’s well worth the price. Oddly enough (smile), you can find it under the alias (as here): Abycats
Amazon Kindle (2022) review: Edging out the Paperwhite as a must-buy
PUBLISHED OCT 26, 2022
The new Kindle for 2022 brings some big upgrades, including USB-C
Readers like you help support Android Police. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Amazon is back again with the latest base Kindle, and it’s called the All-new Kindle (taking a page out of Nintendo’s misguided book.) This 11th-generation model is finally bringing plenty of long-requested features at a $99 price point. The most significant addition is the new 300ppi high-res screen, alleviating the blurry text the base Kindle was known for.
But that’s not all; like the latest Paperwhite, the All-new Kindle finally offers a USB-C port. You can also expect a bump in storage space, now up to 16GB. No matter how you slice it, the All-new Kindle is the best base Kindle we’ve ever seen, and at $99, it’s currently one of the best purchases in the Kindle lineup.
9.00 / 10
The All-new Kindle offers many improvements over the previous generations, including a new 300ppi screen, USB-C charging, and a bump in storage to 16GB. Sustainability is also part and parcel this year, with many recycled materials in use, where the packaging can be 100% recycled.
- Screen Size: 6-inch, 4:3, Carta 1000
- Resolution: 1072×1448, 300 ppi
- Storage: 16GB
- Processor: MediaTek MT8113
- RAM: 512MB
- Audio: Bluetooth-only
- Supported formats: AZW3, AZW, TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PMP, EPUB, TXT, RTF through conversion; AAX
- Battery: 1040mAh Li-Polymer Battery
- Weight: 5.56 oz (158 g)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz/5.0 GHz, bluetooth, USB-C
- Front light: 4 LEDs
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 108.6 x 8.0 mm
- Light and portable
- Very affordable
- 300ppi screen comparable to the Paperwhite
- Not enough LEDs for even front lighting
- No self-adjusting lighting or warm lighting
- Still no audio jack, bluetooth is not a substitute