Posted on February 27, 2021 at 12:12 pm by West Sider
The biggest performance spaces at Lincoln Center won’t be holding indoor performances until at least the Fall, but the performing arts center will be holding shows and events in a different way starting in April.
Linco0ln Center’s initiative is called “Restart Stages” and it will include outdoor concerts, ceremonies and even blood drives on its 16-acre campus.
Restart Stages venues will include:
- A cabaret-style stage on Hearst Plaza
- Dedicated family and kids’ areas with arts activities for young people
- Venues for rehearsals, opening up the artistic process to visitors
- Space for public school graduations, recognizing the extraordinary achievements of students under difficult circumstances
- An outdoor reading room, created in partnership with The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts
It all starts on April 7 with a special concert for healthcare workers.
Lincoln Center started experimenting with outdoor performances last year.
The program’s website is here, and should soon include a schedule.